The dreaded question of where you are going to put your towels! Here you are doing a beautiful bathroom renovation and you still have no linen closet and no place to store any of those pesky bath towels! Don’t worry, it happens to more people than you realize, and there are real life solutions to your problem.
Here are 6 towel storage options when you do not have a linen closet:
- Open Vanity Shelving: If you are installing a vanity with open shelving on the bottom, you can store your towels on that open shelf underneath. You have the option of folding your towels up nicely, rolling them and then stacking them, or placing them in baskets. The possibilities are endless!
- Baskets: Placing a basket on the floor near your shower or your sink and putting rolled up towels inside is a great way to store your towels. Your towels will look like towel logs, which will look stylish, and depending on the color, can bring visual appeal to this space.
- Crates: A crate on wheels, or a plain crate, is another option for your towel storage. You can fold your towels or roll them before placing them inside. The crates can fit under a floating vanity or tucked into a corner of the room.
- Hooks: Hooks can be a unique way to store your towels, as it adds a decorative element to any wall. However, we do not recommend mixing wet towels with dry ones, as they will all become musty over time.
- Freestanding Furniture: A bookcase, armoire, cabinet, old desk, or any other type of freestanding piece of furniture can hold a plethora of towels in your bathroom. Whether it has doors, drawers, or both, you can fold, roll, or stuff them full of towels to use.
- Recessed Niche: Depending on your bathroom design, you may be able to have a recessed niche or two built in, and then use them to store folded towels.
Hopefully these towel storage options will solve your dilemma, but if not, there is a solution out there that will work for you! You just need to think outside the box and be a little creative and you will find a home for your towels.