Decorating the kitchen can be an enjoying task since you have so many attractive elements to work with. These numerous elements can be a lot to handle if you are trying to get the perfect custom kitchen, but here are some ideas that will help.
- Embrace patterns. People often try to keep their tiles basic to avoid over designing, but there is no reason why can’t have some fun with attractive and tasteful patterns.
- Use tiles transitionally. If you are struggling to find ways to move between different elements and tones, use your tiles to create an attractive transition between these areas. This will help to simply your selection process.
- Try open shelving. If you worry that the kitchen feels crowded, open shelving might be the answer. It helps to open up the space and give it an airy feel. This is one way to make a small kitchen feel larger.
- Splurge on lighting. Even the most expensive lighting fixtures will not take up much of your kitchen budget. Look around for the most attractive options that add style and luxury to the kitchen. Use layered lighting to improve the look and to make the space functional.
- Try a darker palette. In the past, designers and homeowners alike shied away from using dark tones in the kitchen. Now it is one of the hottest trends, so don’t be afraid to go for deeper blues and grays. Even black can work in the kitchen to dramatic effect.
- Add a kitchen island. Some people are skipping the island in favor of open layouts, but this feature still has plenty to offer. For one thing, it can anchor the design of the space. More importantly, it can serve different purposes such as storage, a dining area and a meal prep area. Kitchen islands can also have racks attached for cookbooks and spices.
- Warm it with wood. Wood can work in any part of the kitchen, whether it’s the floor, countertop, or as a backsplash. The natural grain of this material comes in different shades, so you can find something for any color scheme. Over time, as it darkens, it adds even more character to the kitchen.
To get an attractive custom kitchen, strive for a balance between the items you should splurge on, and the areas where you can save. Pricier features can last longer, but make sure that they are in keeping with current trends so you do not have to make changes too quickly.