It can be difficult to know where to spend your money during a bathroom remodel. After all, there are so many decisions to make and so many things to buy. Do you buy the super expensive tiles, or do you hold off and spend the money that is left in your budget on the luxurious warming drawer? Everyone has a personal preference, but we have a few recommendations that might help.
Here are 5 things to splurge on during your bathroom remodel:
- Accent Tile: The tiles on the floor and the walls can be muted colors, but you are not going to want to skimp on the tiles that you use for the accents. These colored tiles that you place above the bath or within the backsplash or background can make the entire bathroom pop for less money than you think.
- Cabinets: While custom cabinets are expensive, they are necessary in a bathroom where the temperatures fluctuate. Solid cabinets can last for many years while withstanding the heat and humidity that is found within a bathroom.
- Countertops: High-quality countertops are a necessity in a bathroom, because they see a lot of use throughout the day. They get water splashed on them, chemicals spilled on them, and hot items placed on them constantly. The countertops that you choose should also be low maintenance, so that you do not need to spend hours cleaning and maintaining them to keep them looking their best.
- Fixtures: There is a plethora of options available for fixtures, and while there are no wrong choices, you will want to pick a theme that will match throughout the entire space.
- Toilets: The toilet gets used a lot during the day and night, so we recommend purchasing one that will last awhile instead of a cheap one that needs to be replaced after a year or two.
These are the items that we always recommend splurging on, but you may also have other items that you want to splurge on as well. As long as it fits into your budget, you can splurge on as much as you want. After all, it is your new bathroom, and you need to be happy with everything once it is completed.
Call us at 301-948-0100 if you’re in Gaithersburg or the surrounding areas and would like to discuss remodeling your bathroom with us. We have many years of experience helping homeowners in the area with all aspects of home remodeling. We can help you choose the best places to splurge and the best places to save without skimping on cheap materials.